Wednesday, September 1, 2010


WARNING: Danger! Flammable Liquid and Vapor!
Any guesses on what this used to be????
Anyone? Anyone?
Well this used to be TWO of our garbage cans!!
Here is the story.......On Saturday, Shane was staining our big arch in our entry way. The wind was blowing pretty hard and it knocked over the can of stain and spilled some on our front porch. We were trying to scrub it off with things like: Paint Thinner, Pure Acetone, and Gas. Good news is we got most of the stain off our porch.
Well then we just put all the rags and paper towels we used to clean up the mess in the garbage (which was completely full) and didn't give it a second thought.
Jump to 4 am Sunday morning when Dax woke up and was crying a little (which he NEVER does). I went into his room and laid him back down and smelled something pretty strong but couldn't figure out what it was. I checked the whole house and couldn't see anything so I went back to bed.
Dax woke up again at like 7:15 and Shane went in to get him and hollered in at me and asked if I could smell something melting. He looked around the house too and couldn't see anything so he and Dax came and laid in our bed.
Then the door bell rang.....we were wondering who would be ringing our doorbell at 7:20 am. Shane went to the door and one our friends was there and asked Shane if he started a fire on our driveway.....Shane went out to look and saw this (but it was on fire)......

"dude that's my garbage can"

So this was our big garbage can totally full and then we had another 50 gallon can sitting right next to it also full and this is what was left.
We are just so thankful that it didn't hurt our house, we got so lucky!
It was a good story at church though!


*lindsey said...

holy crap! that could have ended so badly! I'm glad everything ended up ok, wow!

Rachael said...

How scary! And Dax was just trying to let you know something wasn't right! I guess the Spirit was working through him!

Palmers said...

Oh my heck that is so scary, you guys are so dang lucky. Glad you are alright. That is a crazy story!

shaunacd said...

Omigosh! that could have been so terrible. I think you were blessed!